Registration for the 2020-2021 school year for children ages 3 and 4 by September 1, 2020, is ongoing until classes are filled. Please see below to view class options and payment information or Click Here for the registration site.
District 197 Preschool programs provide a bridge to school through half and full-day classes that offer rich learning experiences in well-equipped classrooms. All of our caring staff are trained in Early Childhood Education.
Our programs lay the foundation for future school success by encouraging:
• Personal, social and physical development
• Language development
• Pre-reading skills
• Pre-writing skills
• Mathematical and scientific thinking (including math curriculum used with the children in the District from age 3 through grade 5)
• Enthusiasm for social studies, music and art
Ages 3 and up by Sept. 1, 2020
• Community Preschool - ThreeSchool Offered at the Early Learning Center in West St. Paul and Pilot Knob school in Eagan
Ages 4 and up by Sept. 1, 2020
• Community Preschool - PreKindergarten
(The Early Learning Center in West St. Paul, and Pilot Knob school in Eagan)
Extended Day before and after school • Available to children attending an all-day preschool class at the Early Learning Center in West St. Paul. Additional fees apply.
Preschool Scholarships and Assistance*
School Readiness is a program partially funded by the State of Minnesota, and families must meet eligibility guidelines and provide proof of income to qualify for scholarships. Openings in the program are limited. *Transportation for PreK is limited based on eligibility and is not guaranteed. (transportation is not available for threes)
School Readiness eligibility requirements:Click Here